Carolina Collegiate Federal Credit Union

Checking Switch Kit Forms

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3

Switching financial institutions doesn't have to be difficult. We've helped lots of members make the switch and we can help you, too.

Just stop by our office or give us a call. Our friendly Member Service Representatives will open your new account and help walk you through the three easy steps of switching to our service.

Step 1
Get Started

  • Open your account at any of our offices.
  • Write down your account number and our financial institution routing number in the space provided - you'll need them later.
  • You're ready to go - start making deposits to your new account.

Step 2
Move transactions to your new account

  • Destroy checks, ATM/debit cards and deposit slips from your old financial institution.
  • Let outstanding checks or automatic withdrawals clear; leave enough money in your old account to cover them. This process might take a few weeks or more.
  • Tell your employer to change your direct deposit to our Financial Institution (you can use the enclosed form letter and we can help you fill it out). Remember to give them one of your new deposit slips or a voided check.
  • Contact anyone other than your employer who makes deposits to your account to find out how to request the change. This could include retirement, pension, Social Security or other payments. They may require you to use a special form, or you may be able to use the enclosed "change payroll direct deposit" letter.
  • Tell anyone who makes automatic withdrawals from your account that you have switched (there's also a letter for this and we can help you with it, too); they'll need one of your new deposit slips or a voided check. These are transactions that go through a banking system called the Automated Clearing House, or ACH.
  • Cancel automated payment services, such as bill-paying by phone or PC, by contacting your old financial institution. We can help you get set up on our automated plan.
  • Switch charges automatically billed to your old debit card by contacting the company that receives the payment and telling them to charge your new account instead. They'll need your card number and expiration date.

Step 3
Close your old account

  • Ask your old financial institution to close your account and send you a check for the balance; make sure all outstanding transactions on your old account have cleared (we've provided a letter for this, too).

Switch Kit Forms
Account Closure [PDF]
Change Automatic Withdrawl [PDF]
Direct Deposit [PDF]


NCUAEqual Housing LenderVerified by Visa
Copyright 2015 Carolina Collegiate Federal Credit Union
Carolina Collegiate Federal Credit Union
Phone: 803.227.5555 • Toll Free: 800.476.5861 • Fax: 803.227.5566
Locations | Office Hours | NMLS ID# 472468
Carolina Collegiate Federal Credit Union is a BBB Accredited Credit Union in Columbia, SC